The criss-cross design on top of peanut butter cookies brings back memories... so I decided to make some peanut butter cookies for myself, but this time with vegan and gluten-free ingredients. Have a fork nearby and ready to make the nostalgic criss-cross design, if you're making the cookies now!
I would like to point out that not only are these superb cookies flourless, vegan, and gluten-free, but they are also satisfying to the tastebuds. If you have kids in the house, you might need to hide some away for yourself! ;)
1/2 cup palm sugar or cane sugar
1 cup organic peanut butter
1 Tbsp flax meal combined with 3 Tbsp hot water (mixed well ahead of time - about 10 min)
1/2 tsp Himalayan salt or sea salt
1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 ºF.
2. Stir together all ingredients until thoroughly and evenly mixed.
3. Form 1" balls and place them on a parchment lined cookie sheet. These cookies will not spread when baking.
4. Make the criss-cross design on top the cookies. Grab the fork (that you probably already have nearby!) and press down on top of the cookie in both directions.
5. Bake the cookies for 12-15 minutes.
6. Let them cool for about 1-2 minutes before removing from the tray or they might break.
7. Enjoy each and every one of the warm criss-cross peanut butter cookies. (Or stash some for later if they are too overwhelmingly delicious.)
Show us how your peanut butter cookies turn out when you make them! Everyone wants to see how yours turn out, so share or tweet a picture of your batch with us.
You can post your pictures to our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Healthy-Now-Brands/616852708338832 or mention us in a tweet @Be_HealthyNow.
Hope you guys get a kick out of this recipe, because I love eating these cookies every time. Especially when my mother makes them.